Thursday, March 27, 2008

OH HAPPY DAY!


A couple weeks ago, the kids attended a Primary activity where they talked about being positive thinkers. Kacie made a little wooden sign with cutout letters and Mod Podge (Who doesn't love a little Mod Podge?) that says, "I'm happy today because...." Today I'm happy and here's why. On the way to Mia's doctor appointment, Maxwell was feeling frustrated that he couldn't get two words in the conversation. At the end of his rope, he borrowed a line from his beloved Thomas the Tank Engine and blurted out, "It's all newfangled nonsense." We all laughed for hours over that one. I'm ridiculously happy that I had occasion to bake my favorite coconut, chocolate chip, walnut cookies. They always remind me of spending time in the kitchen with my grandmother. I'm happy that it's Spring and that I have purple and yellow tulips to plant in my flowerbeds. I'm happy (and so incredibly grateful) that my babies have two amazing sets of grandparents that want to spend time with them over Spring break. Lastly, but not finally, I'm so happy that as I sit here blogging I can hear my windchime tinkling in the breeze and my children laughing downstairs.

1 comments:

KSPARKE said...

Am I the only person who had never heard of Mod Podge? I must have missed class, been sick or something, the day they covered Mod Podge.