Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family Home Evening

My kids really enjoy family home evening. No really, they do! Some are definitely more successful than others, but we all look forward with great anticipation to Monday nights when we all get to be together. For Christmas they gave me a Family Home Evening board that has 7 hooks and 7 tags for keeping track of FHE assignments. (No we're not planning to add a 7th member to our family. The tag is labeled GUEST - for anyone who happens to be visiting on Monday night.)I highly recommend finding/making/using SOMETHING to keep track of assignments!! Everyone knows what their job will be a whole week in advance and it makes the execution of Monday night blessedly easy!

Anyway - last night it was Kacie's turn to teach the lesson. This little girl is wise beyond her years and is such a capable little teacher. (Someday she's going to be a phenomenal teacher!) She came up with her lesson all on her own and titled it "The Way the Lord's House Feels." She started out by asking us all what the Lord's house looks like. Then we used various Legos to construct different houses of the Lord. They turned out great!








She concluded by talking about how the Lord's house FEELS. Even though she has yet to be inside a temple she knows a special feeling of peace and calm must be there. She asked us how we all felt while we were working together to build our temples. Of course we all said we felt wonderful, and then she pointed out that we should all work to make our home feel that way "ALL THE TIME SO HEAVENLY FATHER WOULD WANT TO COME TO OUR HOUSE TOO AND NOT JUST THE TEMPLES."

I love the fact that children live so close to the Lord and I am eternally grateful that my life is blessed with four of the little goobers!! Hooray for family night!

5 comments:

EmmaP said...

Kacie!!! That is so cool! Can I steal this idea from you? Thanks!!!

Marcia said...

That was so great!!! I am so amazed at what your kids come up with, although I should be. They come from great parents.

Bressler Bunch said...

Aren't kids great? My kids sure keep me in line when I forget the things I am supposed to be doing.

No surprise that you have a budding teacher in your house. This is definately a family of teachers. It's in the genes. My little Jarod wants to be a teacher.

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

My Kacie, I love your pure heart and I love your parents for letting you share it. I love you brothers and sister for supporting you. You can always share it with me.


grandma cinny

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

Hi there, I just out visiting my neglected blog friends. You have a new background!

I just love my family, they are all so special. Give them all a big hug for me. Give Jackson two!
He He

grandma