My friend Amy tagged me a few weeks ago and I finally have a minute to respond. I'm supposed to list 6 things are quirky about me and then I'm supposed to tag others to respond. I could come up with many more than 6 because as my sweet hubby says, "I have issues." Well that leads me to my first quirk.....
1. I never forward cutesy e-mails. I never send stuff to ten friends including the friend that sent it to you. I hate those letters you get in the mail that say something like, "Send a recipe to 10 people. Include your address on the bottom and in the end you'll receive 1,000 recipes in return." I don't respond to surveys and I always delete the e-mails that say "don't delete or you'll die." I suppose that means I don't forward TAGS either. I love you Amy but the TAG stops with me.
2. My favorite sound in the whole world is that throaty sing-songy sound a fussing baby makes when the pacifier goes in her mouth.
3. The closet doors must be closed in order for me to go to sleep at night. Not just in my bedroom, but in the kids' rooms as well.
4. When I fill up a tank with gas I ALWAYS round up to the nearest 5 cents.
5. Facial hair....BLAH!!! Hair that covers the eyes or face...BLAH!!! (Just ask my Young Women on this one.)
6. Ironing makes me happy! I think this one comes from a childhood memory of my mom ironing all the time. She still irons EVERYTHING - tablecloths, napkins, her jeans, baby clothes and blankets, fabric as she's quilting and even my dad's WRINKLE FREE dress shirts. I'm not quite as iron happy as she is but I do love it. I love the clean laundry smell, the warm steam and mostly I love the finished product. Nothing compares to a smooth, crisp white shirt. Especially when it's going on my husband as he's headed off to serve the Lord!
7. I have serious OCD when it comes to eating colored food (especially candy.) I like to have the same number of the various colors. It goes something like this. If I pick up a handful of M&M's and I get 3 blue 2 green 2 red and 1 orange, I will first eat the orange piece because it has no hope of adding up to the other colors. Then I will eat 1 blue which will leave 2 of each color. From there I will eat both candies of the same color at the same time until they're all gone.
With Starbursts, however, I like to have one of each color and then I always eat them in this order....yellow, orange, red, pink.
Bizarre I know! Now I'm going to feel extremely self-conscious when I eat candy around any of you!
I could go on but I think I would scare all of you away. I know you have quirks too. Are you brave enough to share?
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Quirky Tagging
Posted by JoDell at 12:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You make me laugh about your quirky way of eating candy! I feel it's time to get some M&M's and come sit down by you and watch the show! I also think I need to take ironing lessons from you. I figured out the whole mentality issue with just accepting laundry for what it is and doing it every day without really thinking about it but the ironing thing is hard for me. For instance, I can't figure out how to do sleeves for the life of me - you know to get them to look nice right up where they meet the collar, shoulder, etc. It is the worst part to iron. So I need to come to your "Ironing with Confidence & Pride" class. When is it available???
Post a Comment