Oh no! Here's another Blog Post from Kevin (if this keeps up I'll have to start my own blog). Have no fear! I promise this one won't be as long as my election day diatribe. But, I do want to share a wonderful story I heard this morning about honesty and integrity.
This is a story about a golfer named J.P. Hayes. Mr. Hayes was playing in a golf tournament last week hoping to qualify for a full-time spot on the PGA tour.
After playing his round he went back to his hotel room and discovered that he had accidentally played two shots of his round with a with a prototype golf ball that had not been approved for use in professional competition. Now I don't know all the ins and outs of golf. In my experience, I'm happy to just keep my ball on the fairway, or at least out of the water. But apparently using an unapproved ball is a great big "no no" in the PGA.
No one knew that Mr. Hayes had played with an unapproved ball, he could have easily gotten away with it and gone on to play in the PGA Tour. But he didn't! He called an official with the Tour and told the truth. He was disqualified and lost any chance at a spot on the PGA tour next year, along with the money that would have come with it.
Did he make a fuss, did he complain about how unfair it was, after all it was an honest mistake? No, his quote: "It's disappointing."
Mr. Hayes will not be playing in the PGA next year, but he will sleep well at night knowing that he did the right thing. He will be able to look his wife, mother and/or children in they eye without hesitation.
You don't need to look very far to find examples of lying, cheating, stealing, name calling and finger pointing. How nice it is to know that in spite of it all, there are still people who value honesty and integrity.
Thank you J.P. Hayes!!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Integrity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Thanks for sharing that story Kevin. Keep it up, I like what you say.
Post a Comment