
My kids have lost their minds and have gone absolutely nuts over plain old saltine crackers. In all fairness, it's the first time we've ever had them in the house. I prefer CLUB crackers so that's what I always buy. We were supposed to have the missionaries over for dinner Christmas day (they didn't make it) and I made a huge pot of chili to feed them. (We shared it with family instead.) I grew up eating chili with saltines, but Kevin's family prefers tortillas and my sister-in-law from Texas like Fritos. So, not knowing what the missionaries would prefer, I had little of everything on hand. To make a long story even longer, the kids think they have died and gone to Heaven with these saltines and I keep finding cracker crumbs all over the house. We've gone through three boxes since Christmas. What do you think will happen if I show them the butter trick?!?!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Cracker Crazy!
Posted by JoDell at 1:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Max would love the butter trick! My kids also like them toasted in the oven with melted cheese.
It touches my heart, saltines are my favorite. By the butter trick, do you mean putting butter on the saltine cracker. It doesn't get any better then that - unless - there is tuna with mayo on top of that.
Oh my heck, Autumn's ultimate "treat" is having saltines dipped in milk! Not mine but maybe a new found fav for your kiddies.
Post a Comment