Friday, February 27, 2009

Award of Merit

Last night Kevin and I attended our scouting district's recognition dinner where he and 9 others received scouting's Award of Merit. We ate prime rib, eavesdropped on some truly bizarre conversations, poked fun at some scouters and oohed and ahhed at a gorgeous LDS meetinghouse originally dedicated in 1905 by Joseph Fielding Smith.

I'm so blessed to have married Kevin. He is so dedicated to the youth, both in our ward and in our community, and truly wants to help them to realize their divine potential. I always knew he was a great guy that would accomplish many things, but I NEVER in a million years imagined scouting to be among them. I'm proud of you hon...even if scouters are a breed of their own!!! :)


3 comments:

Becky Lewis said...

Go Kevin!

Amy K said...

Yeah, for Kevin! Maybe my scout can grow up to be like your scout :) And remember JoDell, behind every good scout is a great woman!!!

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

you dad and i feel the same way you do about kevin. and earl p. would be right there with us. in fact, he would be his number 1 cheerleader. in fact, he probebly was there at that meeting as proud as punch.