Saturday, July 12, 2008

Maxwell Turns Three

Our little buddy turned three on the 29th of June but it seems like we've been celebrating for months. We started early with the Parke side of the family at a swim party/Father's Day BBQ. Then on the 28th we celebrated at a Jarrett family reunion and also sang Happy Birthday to Grandpa Jarrett who turned 87 this year. On the actual day of Max's birthday we went to church and ate cake and ice cream with Grandma and Grandpa Geilmann. (Max was super tired and cranky and he cried the whole day.)

Kevin, the kids and I decided to give Max a present he can use for a long time and we built him a VERY LARGE sandbox. He's already had some great times digging, scooping, loading and, with the help of his big brother, making water volcanoes and rivers. (Pictures to follow. We left the camera out in Herriman at my Grandparent's house.)

Maxwell is a natural born comedian and constantly makes us laugh. My favorite moments with this wild three year old include early morning smiles and "good morning mommy" followed by strong, tackle hugs - the never forgotten "thank you" that comes from his gleefully happy lips with every sippy cup of chocolate milk - reading the "Dinotrain" again - trips to Target where amazingly everything is new everytime -swishing our hands in the washing machine as it fills with water and our everyday discussions about why it's not too hard to fold our arms when we pray. Happy birthday buddy! Enjoy being three!

1 comments:

cindy-stitches-n-stuff.blogspot.com said...

I think out of all the kids, I hate to see Max and Owen grow up. I love them so much as little boys. I guess I should say, "It can only get better"

Go Max Go.

I love you -- graaama